Check out these ten tips for a smooth and successful home renovation project.
- Plan, Plan, Plan! The more you plan ahead, the less “problems” arise during the actual building phase of your renovation project. Many decisions go into even the best home remodel projects, and spending the time discussing all of your options and selecting final layouts, building materials and finishes will help to keep the project on track for being completed within the time frame agreed upon by you and your builder.
- Utilize the Help of Experts. At HOW Building Services, our expert design team can walk you through both the design and build phases of your upcoming project. With the many years of experience we bring to the table, make this your best home remodel ever by allowing us to incorporate all the dreams you have into the design of your new space.
- Visit a Remodel Job Site. Especially if this is your first home renovation project, seeing an “in process” renovation can help you get an idea for how a worksite looks and things to think about as you prepare for your upcoming project.
- Keep Your Home Functional. Along with your project manager, come up with a plan for how you and your family can live and play and work alongside of your renovation. At HOW Building Services, we respect your home and know that your life and daily schedule has to keep going during the renovation process.
- Pack Up Valuables. For peace of mind, pack your valuables such as art, decor and photographs away for safe-keeping until the renovation is over.
- Keep The Big Picture in Mind. In the midst of a home remodeling project, it is easy to lose sight of the end goal, which is a beautiful and functional space that will be enjoyed by you and your family for years to come and will bring added value to your home. Remember that anything worth doing takes work, and keep in mind that the design team at HOW Building Services has your best interests in mind and is working hard to turn your space into your dream home!
- Effective Communication. Most problems during a home renovation stem from lack of effective communication between the homeowner, the architect, and the builder. Using a team approach from beginning to end, your HOW Building Services Project Manager will keep lines of communication open between everyone involved, especially you.
- Have Realistic Expectations. Work with your architect and builder to address your expectations from the very beginning of the project. Establish clear guidelines when it comes to communication, how the renovation will unfold, and the timeline for the project. Keep in mind that no project is ever perfect, but rest assured that the team at HOW Building Services is professional and client-focused. You, your family, and respecting your home are our top priority and it is our goal for you to have the best home renovation experience by working with us.
- Incorporate Sustainable Design. You’ll love your new space even more in the long run if it is energy efficient! Think about going green in your design when you can, whether that be choosing sustainable building materials which add value to your home or selecting energy efficient windows, lighting, and appliances which are a wise investment.
- Don’t Forget to Splurge! Above all else, it is important for you to love your finished space and not leave out any design elements you think you might later regret. Complete your renovation with everything you’ve dreamed of and you will love it for years to come!
At HOW Building Services, we want you to have the best home remodel experience possible. It is our goal to give you the home you want, HOW you want it, when you need it. Contact us today at (484) 483-1690. We look forward to building the home of your dreams!
Best Home Remodel | Best Home Remodels