Ensure a successful design foundation for your project with these tips!
Great design is essential for any successful remodeling or custom build project. A complete and thoughtful design can make all the difference in ensuring you get exactly what you want out of your new space. You might be considering hiring a design build firm for your upcoming project, so you’ll want to gather as much information as possible to be sure you are making the best decision possible, getting you started on the road to an enjoyable experience remodeling your current home or building a custom home.
Questions To Ask Designers or Design Build Firms
This list can help you make sure all of your questions get answered when interviewing potential designers or design build firms for your upcoming project:
- What is your approach to a project? What is the general process you follow? Do you value sustainability? What else can I expect while working with you?
- Can you show me some of your work? This would include before and after photographs, possibly going to visit a project the designer or firm had contributed to on-site (both finished and on-going project visits are a good idea). Can I speak with some of your clients to get an idea for what it’s like to work with you?
- What hurdles or difficulties do you see with this project? What is your approach when problems arise?
- How long do you see the project taking from start to finish? Can you give me an estimated timeline, including design, gaining permits, and construction?
- Who are some of the contractors you have worked with in the past? Do you feel like you have a good relationship with them?
According to an article in the Washington Post, “design build firms generally try to draft a variety of designs that meet clients’ budgets, or alert the clients if their design wishes exceed their budget parameters.” Design or architecture firms that work with a contractor, on the other hand, can offer a wide range of choices and options that give homeowners the chance to weigh multiple options to achieve the goals they have for their project.
If a collaborative approach between you, your designer and your builder is what you are looking for, How Building Services may be the right fit for you. We can work with a designer or architect of your choosing or help you select one. Our goal is to exceed your expectations for your project by collaborating with you from the beginning phases to the end result. Contact us today to discuss your design needs by calling (484) 483-1690. We look forward to working with you to create the home of your dreams!
Design Build Firms | Design Build Firm