Many people think spring gardens, but Fall gardening projects can be just as fruitful.
With Fall right around the corner, the beautiful state of Pennsylvania will be dressed in its most lovely shades: vibrant reds and rustic oranges contrasted against subtle yellow hues. It’s about that time for most people’s outdoor garden projects to take a backseat as they prepare themselves for the season change. But do we really have to sit back and let our green thumb take a break? Certainly not, and here’s how.
How Building Services believes that the outside of your home is just as important as the inside. Creating a comfortable and enchanting atmosphere with gardens and landscape can go a long way towards carrying the beauty from the inside of your home to the outside.
So where do we get started?
First Decide What Your Outdoor Garden Projects Will Be
Depending upon what your main focus is for the outdoors, we’ve compiled a list of ideas of where to start. These DIY projects for the outdoors will get your creativity flowing.
- Protect and prepare your soil and gardens for the cold that is to come. Protecting your soil with cover crops such as clovers are a great way to keep them in fertile condition for when spring comes. It’s a great time to clean up any dead foliage, burn any infested debris and reseed your lawn.
- Nurture your winter vegetable beds. Add compost to winter veggie beds, and clean up your vegetable garden. Perhaps you’ll plant cold, hardy vegetables and leafy greens, while harvesting any late summer squash you might have lying around.
- Bring in the beauty with practical containers. Dress any plant container with plants that survive the cold. Some great examples are grasses such as Pennisetum. Kale, branches, pumpkins and moss make great additions as well. Be sure your containers are packed tight! And don’t forget to water and fertilize them throughout the season.
- Get warm and cozy with a DIY firepit. There are a plethora of ideas on Pinterest, but a few quick go-to’s are to utilize any unused koi ponds and transform them into amazing firepits. Perhaps you have some leftover brick or rock from other projects you have done around the house. Take a gander at using those to create a cheap and easy fun-filled firepit.
- Don’t forget the kids. If you have children running about your house, whether it be your own, nieces and nephews, grandchildren or godchildren – enchanting them with garden projects for kids will create memories that will last forever. Let them help you in your garden by allowing them to create garden markers. You can do this by simply painting stakes and writing the vegetable at the top, or they can decorate wooden spoons with a picture of said vegetable. If you’re feeling generous, give them space to plant their own beautiful flowers and veggies.
If you would like to know more about creating an enchanting outdoor living space, or bringing your Fall outdoor garden projects to life, contact How Building Services at 484-483-1690.
Related Tags: Outdoor Garden Projects | Fall Outdoor Garden