Why you should renovate before you sell and after you buy?
A drive through the estates of Villanova will make any homeowner drool; the stately grounds and beautiful architecture is certainly a sight to behold! And with interest rates slated to rise in the near future, now is the time to buy that Villanova luxury house. But before you can move your family to a new home, you will have to think about what to do with that old one. And yes, that might sound like terrible news to the stay-at-home parents out there who have enough on their plates with kids running around and meals to get on the table!
However, investing time and renovating your old home before exploring the Villanova real estate options will get you more money for your old house, and more practice in renovating before you need to make inevitable changes to your new Villanova luxury home! Read this guide as you consider these changes!
A Guide to Villanova Real Estate: Renovating the Old and the New!
Before You Sell
So you’ve found the Villanova home that has a great neighborhood, a beautiful structure, and fabulous schools close by. Now what?
Now is the time to fix up your old home for sale.
Not only will renovations increase the value of your old home, but committing to improving the look of your house will better your chances of selling quickly so you can begin moving into your Villanova house faster!
Here are the projects you should consider undergoing before putting your house on the market:
- Kitchen. Now, we aren’t talking about an upscale kitchen remodel here; save the big bucks for your Villanova estate! But since the kitchen is often the swing vote for indecisive shoppers, consider putting in new flooring and freshening up the paint. If you have the money to spend, you could also install new energy saving appliances, which will be a huge selling point to younger homeowners who want to be energy conscious!
- Bathroom. The number one priority when remodeling a bathroom is making it look clean. Scrub up the grout, replace worn tiles, and consider installing a new vanity and sink to give it a sleek look.
- Master Suite. If your master suite is a little small, think about expanding. More and more shoppers are looking for bigger master bedrooms, especially with an on-suite bathroom. This could end up being a major selling point for your old house!
- Lighting. Wherever you can, update the existing lighting to more modern fixtures. Brightening your home with timeless fixtures will make your home more inviting to potential buyers.
- Exterior. It may seem like an enormous undertaking to renovate the exterior of your old house, but improving the curb appeal of the house will go far in making it attractive to buyers. A new coat of paint will make a big impression!
Now that you have fixed up your house to sell, you might already be thinking about what you can do in your brand new home in Villanova!
After You Buy
When it comes to Villanova real estate, no house is perfect, even your dream home on the Mainline. It will require some remodeling to get your new home just right for your family’s needs.
However, according to Business Insider, you should live in your new home for six months to a year before making any major renovations. This may seem ridiculous at first: shouldn’t you renovate immediately so that you can settle into your new and improved place ASAP?!
We don’t think so. The truth is, no matter how seamlessly your previous home renovations and move goes, you will still be tired, and not in the best state to undergo another major renovation right away.
Besides just taking a break, we suggest living in your new house for a period of time because your remodeling plans might alter. Once you live in your new home, you might think of new ideas to improve it through renovations!
HOW We Can Help!
At HOW Building Services, we can help you at every stage of your remodeling process. Whether you are renovating a home to sell, or branching out to Villanova real estate, we can offer you support and expert knowledge. Give us a call today to begin your remodeling journey!
Villanova Real Estate | Real Estate Villanova